Sunday, January 17, 2021

The Camper and the Apple Farm




This is from months ago at the end of my time upstate. Adriene's parents Alan and Cindy drove up in this RV that Alan restored, they stayed in front of the house for a few days. Conor came up at the same time, so we returned the rental and used his jeep and the RV to get around. It was so nice having more people around, we went out for dinner a few times, (to a place with a blue lives matter flag on the wall- I didn't see it till I looked up at the waiter to order... ) and they went for some hikes, we made fires, s'mores, went back to the amazing meat shop and got some steaks.

 Also we fulfilled my desire to go apple picking. Cindy, Conor, and Adriene were so good about picking one apple here, another apple there. Alan and I though- whoo baby!- by the end our bags were giving us a workout! I also got some black beeswax candles and some beautiful German (?? my memory is faulty here) plums. The apples lasted for ages, and about a month, two months later I turned them into delicious apple sauce back in Brooklyn in my Dutch Oven. 




 





















No comments:

Post a Comment