Sunday, January 17, 2021

More Upstate Moments

This was a super sweet lady across the road who had a yard sale every weekend the last month I was upstate. I went and checked it out a few times, but I came back at the very end to see her quilts. I didn't end up buying any of them, which I felt bad about because she opened up her little guest house full of quilts just more me, as I got there after the sale was already over (I think we'd just come back from apple picking) but none of them quite spoke to me. They were all very impressive though. 





I liked sitting in the yard reading the Mary Oliver book I got in one of the towns. It's a big ol' anthology and it's all about nature, her poems are all nature-y. I wish I had gotten into the habit of doing it every morning. 


Goldenrod I was drying for dying hanging from the attic latch. I left it there in the end. 



Andrea's ceramic pyramid. I brought it up on the dash, I brought it down on the dash. So careful all the way around New York, and god knows where it is now... honestly now sure where I put it. I really liked it as a talisman for moving though. A delicate icon for migration. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment