Sunday, January 17, 2021

Perfect Morning ( a draft from last year)

Oh god, it is a perfect morning. The air is cool, but not cold, even when the breeze comes. The light is beautiful and yellow, but not bright. The tree that has been turning red does not disappoint. Nothing has shocked into autumn overnight, but instead there is one tree (I wish I knew the names of trees) leading the charge- no not the charge, the amble - and he has been slowly changing the tips of his fingers a pleasing russet for the past few weeks. He is highlighted with the hope of fall. 

I have hiccups. I have had three sips of coffee only, and here, hello, the hiccups. The chair I'm sitting in has been cleared of dew but for the arm rests and the bottom edge of the lounge part, where I've tucked my heels. 

Something I've enjoyed about living here is the barefootedness of the yard. The grass is long and soft and I like to patter out, shoeless, and wiggle my toes in the dewy lawn. Or at the fire, I like to pick up pieces of ashy wood with my toes and throw them in with surprising accuracy. 

We're applying for an apartment. Surprisingly, financially I am the best candidate on paper. Employed for the last 4 years consistently. But my credit is rotten. Oh I've fucked myself properly. But one thing at a time. 

I wish I didn't have to shower everyday. The whole production.

No comments:

Post a Comment