Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pluckin Them Heart Strings

This kid has been living alone at the top of a mountain taking care of himself like an adult, feeding, bathing, clothing himself. His parents died of AIDS and he's a HIV carrier, and because of that he has become a SIX YEAR OLD PARIAH. Even though every one knows that he lives alone, nobody, not his neighbors, his grandmother, the government will take responsibility for him.

This actually isn't surprising, people do that all the time. People ignore and push away what they're afraid of. Gay kids still get beat up here, there's still racism and sexism, etc.

But, holy shit, I never could have taken care of myself like that when I was six. I didn't do laundry till I was 17.

 This kid is amazing.

Read the rest of the story here

AIDS orphan A-Long shows his pot of plain white rice and vegetables that he cooked himself for his dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment