Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Monday

The parents have gone home. We had a lovely dinner last night at Third Coast, a garden level cafe in the Gold Coast that spells C-H-I-C-A-G-O, and by that I mean it feels like the epitome of old timey Chicago eateries.  I had some kind of dry fajitas, but a really good carrot puree soup that I really want to imitate at home. I wish I hadn't missed the farmers market yesterday, the soup could be on my stove as we speak! I am also going to buy some gourds and dry them (all year) (again!) because someone threw mine out this summer that I had been drying since the previous fall. I have big plans for these gourds- instruments, butter makers, masks, spoons- I am very excited.

I just watched this documentary called Up There, about hand painted murals in the city over at the Rifle Paper blog. I highly recommend watching it. I always get a little dazed at the awesomeness of those murals- there's still some left over in Chicago and downtown LA has a few new ones and old, and I highly prefer them to those channel changing blinking billboards that seem to be gaining in popularity.







EDIT:
sooo, the video won't embed, but here is a link TA-DA

No comments:

Post a Comment