Saturday, October 23, 2010

Parents are here

my parents are here, which is lovely, and also stressful.
we spent all day spending ridiculous amounts of money on bed bath and beyond stuff and cleaning supplies, but I want them to have fun too. Dad is drifty minded and mom is goal oriented, with one pulling the other by the hand all around the city. I just want them to have a good time.

My little brother's campus was surrounded by cops today, as a meth lab in a dorm room was busted. Some kid in his economics class got pressured by his roommate to do this. These intelligent boys, these rich intelligent boys!

Sly is home, and she only giggles when she's with Katie. I feel so absolutely left out whenever they are around, they even tell Sofa everything. I think I may be too drifty minded like my dad, I don't feel like a very good conversationalist with them.

Oh well, oh well, oh well. Who needs friends when you've got your parents to hang out with! Just like high school!

...

I'm off to make fried green tomatoes, anyways. The tomatoes in the community garden haven't turned red all summer, and they are just letting them rot, so I took two and I want to fry em up, like vegetables should be ! (It seems that exclamation points imply sarcasm in this post..)

No comments:

Post a Comment